2018 Events & Films
Witness Palestine's 2018 season included seven programs:
- A keynote presentation by Noura Erakat and Danielle Ponder, "Justice in the U.S. and Palestine".
- Five feature length films were screened at The Little and at a local university.
- A music video, "I was Living Here", was screened prior to all films at The Little and the band, The Mighty High and Dry performed at The Little Cafe. The music video is now also available on YouTube.
2017 Events & Films
Witness Palestine's 2017 season included seven programs:
- A keynote presentation by Susan Abulhawa, "The Future Must First Reckon With Our Past"
- Four feature length films and two short films were screened at The Little and at a local university.
- The art exhibit, "Bethlehem Beyond the Wall", was separately sponsored and exhibited at a local university.
- The original play, "There is a Field", was produced at the 2017 KeyBank Rochester Fringe Festival.
2016 Events & Films
2015 Events & Films
Witness Palestine's 2015 season included seven programs:
- A keynote presentation by Rev. Graylan Hagler, "Connecting the Dots: Ferguson to Palestine"
- Once again, a "Celebrate Palestine" cultural event closed out the 2015 with Palestinian food, music, discussion, and dance.
- Four films at The Little and one area screening at a local university
2013 Events & Films
After our successful inaugural run in September and October 2012, we reprised the series in September 2013.
- We increased the number of programs from five to six
- We kept the popular format from 2012: a screening followed by a panel discussion
- The venues remained the same: The Little in the heart of Rochester NY, and St. John Fisher College.
2012 Events & Films
We started the film series based on our belief that the U.S. mainstream media don’t portray a full, consistent picture of what’s happening in Israel-Palestine. We presented a total of six films at The Little Theatre, along with area screenings at St. John Fisher College, Rochester Institute of Technology, and the School Without Walls.