One of the important goals of Witness Palestine is to gain an understanding of and appreciation for Palestinian history and culture, both of which get lost in strident regional politics. To this end Celebrate Palestine at Asbury First United Methodist Church, is intended to be a first-hand exploration of Palestinian food, music, and literature.
Palestinian Susie Abboud will cater a full Palestinian dinner including a traditional entrée, salad, condiments, and dessert. After dinner, there will be an open mic evening. You're invited to read your favorite Palestinian prose or poetry – or just listen. All are welcome to participate. There will also be plenty of Palestinian music and perhaps an impromptu attempt at dabke, a modern Arab folk dance.
This fun-filled evening will be a perfect time to meet and socialize with a diverse group of people. It will be an ideal opening night for the Witness Palestine Film Series.
- Sunday, November 9, 5:00 – 8:00 p.m.
- Asbury First United Methodist Church, 1050 East Avenue, Rochester NY
- Style: cultural event
- WPFS pass at the door or from The Little box office; $40 / $32 students
- $12 at the door; $10 students
- $10 in advance from sales at faith communities; $8 students